Friday, March 16, 2012

Similar color, drastically different flavor.




Belgian Yeti Great Divide Brewing
The Belgian Style Yeti from Great Divide gives insight into the use of alternative yeasts for a beer and how these yeasts create wonderful new flavors. When drinking this beer it leads one to experience classic Imperial Stout flavors such as rich, dry, and roasty flavors with a wonderful hint of spicy and fruit-like flavors that are imparted by the Belgian yeast. It poured a wonderful jet black almost brown color and produces long lasting head.  This beer should be tried by all beer lovers and easily makes it into my top 20 beers this year.  It is simply a great                    Great Divide brew.




Incredible Hop Black IPA
The Incredible Hop American Black IPA poured an amazing black color that was almost see through.  It initially had a great tan/brown head that unfortunately quickly faded and left something to be desired while drinking it.  The smell was fantastic having that great hop to malt balance that you want with any black IPA.  After seeing and  smelling it I could not wait to give it a taste... I however was greatly disappointed this beer has all the makings of a wonderful beer but the overpowering flavor was purely hop (cascade or a similar variety).  There were however some small hints of roasted chocolate with a slight fruity (orange) flavor. Overall this beer is drinkable but is not a beer that I would go out of my way to purchase unless I was in the mood for some cascade hops.  Even though I didn't enjoy this beer I am determined to find a Fort Collins Brewery beer that  I just can't stop drinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment