Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Overdue Blog Update!

Recently I have been so busy I have felt like I have had no time at all to post or review any beers!  So here is a quick update:  

A.   I got a free 6 month subscription to Total Beverages "Beer of the Month Club" where every month I get a six pack of beers that represent the season and they even give you tasting notes on the beers. (I still look the beers up on rate beer and beer advocate though... I just cant help it, its habit)  



B. I tasted new beer...                          
Crab Tree Eclipse Black IPA
Ratebeer: 57
Beer Advocate: N/A
My rating: 72






    



Odell Shenanigan's
Ratebeer: 56
Beer Advocate: 86
My rating: 86







Dry Dock Seasonal Tripel
Ratebeer: not listed
Beer Advocate: N/A
My rating: 83






C.  Made a grapefruit pale ale which in the car boy looks remarkably similar to a raw meat.  However, I am confident it will taste great when all is said and done.  I used a recipe from Colin Wescott of Equinox Brewing called Citra Pale Ale and added grapefruit and of course lots of love.  I will let you know how this beer turns out... Now here is a disturbingly wonderful picture.



D.  Last and defiantly not last.  I would like to send a shout out to RedHook who recently lost an employee due to injuries from a exploding keg.  Our thoughts, prayers, and condolences are with you.


Cheers and may we all appreciate the time (and beer) we have, while we still have it.  



No comments:

Post a Comment